The trusted source for open ocean weather data
Reduce risk and increase profits with advanced ocean weather forecasts.
Spire’s satellites collect weather data across the planet - including oceans and remote locations.
- Create a unique unbiased global weather observation data set
- Get more valuable forecasts, hourly forecasts for the first 24 hours + every 6 hours up to 10 days with 1/8th degree resolution for every ocean and sea
- Balance time cost and fuel cost with optimum ship routing
Spire’s advanced weather data variables enable real-time vessel performance optimization and planning.
- Increase profits by advanced target management and optimum tonnage allocation
- Save time and bunker on board and ashore
- Improve ship-specific fuel & speed performance models
- Leverage accurate wave analysis for vessel speed optimization and cargo safety
In addition to our global forecast, port optimized forecasts deliver more accurate weather forecasts in and around specific ports.
- Combine global weather forecasts and localized forecasts into maritime applications for optimum planning
- Plan safe and efficient operations with comprehensive weather forecasts
- Make data-driven decisions with precise localized weather predictions
Get a sample
How does it work?
Spire’s weather forecasts are unique because of our proprietary radio occultation data. Our satellites can measure temperature, pressure and humidity over 10,000 times per day worldwide. Continuous scan of the atmosphere creates a unique unbiased global weather observation dataset.
"The Spire Weather Forecast excels for open ocean weather forecast accuracy. The level of development and speed of innovation that Spire is putting into its models continues to impress us."
“Weather routing has the potential to drive greater efficiency and emissions reduction as open-ocean conditions greatly impact performance. Partnering with Spire puts genuinely market‑leading data into the hands of more users allowing them to enhance vessel performance."